Wednesday, February 24, 2010

uke love

I recently got a ukulele, after suffering severe music playing withdrawal symptoms when I was overseas late last year and had no access to a musical instrument. This will prevent that woeful situation from ever happening again, hopefully. So far I can play 'Dream a Little Dream of Me' and 'Imagine', and I'm learning 'Toxic' (yes, as in the Britney Spears song).

I'm also wearing ridiculous shoes today because I probably won't leave the house until I go to my local Indian tonight for Vindaloo Against Violence. I've had these shoes for more than a year and have worn them maybe three times. I had forgotte all about them but just found them when I was looking for tap shoes.


Top: G2000; Skirt: Ice; Shoes: RMK; Ukulele: Mahalo

Pls ignore laundry and general mess. thks.



Also, a friend of mine has pointed me out to an uber uber UBER cool company called Dashing Tweeds, who make bespoke tweeds, including a fabulous fabric called Lumatwill, which looks like normal tweed during the day, but by night or when using flash photograhy, reveals reflective amazingness - perfect for some smart and safe cycling clothes. You can check them out here. They also have a range of beautifully tailored garments for men and women. I'm absolutely in love with their Lumatwill Cape, although at 400 quid I fear it may be out of my price range...


How perfectly lovely!

- Robyn

6 comments:

Kimberley said...

Nothing wrong with a good Britney song! ;)
Enjoy dins, I miss indian food!

juznie said...

Love your outfit and the ukulele is so cute :) Wish I knew how to play!

my name's Morgan. said...

I love the outfit, that coral colour is one of my favourites!
Im really enjoying reading your blog, keep up the good work. :)

-Morgan
www.catch13.blogspot.com

stylestalker said...

The red bike is awesome! Love the tights too.

xx

stylestalker said...

cute skirt

Tanya Dempsey said...

Such lovely bright colors. It looks deliciously vintage.
Just found your blog. Fab. I love everything vintage, thrift and found with love.

My newest finds here!

xx

http://novembergrey.blogspot.com/