Saturday, June 21, 2008

All that Jazz

So last night was the first gig for Connie Lansberg and the Sisters of Sass. Oakleigh Junction Hotel Sportsbar, perhaps not the most illustrious of venues, but it was packed with family, friends and random dudes coming in for a drink and being hypnotised by the sight of an all-girl, all-glamorous, all-sequinned big band rocking (swinging?) the house. My faithful guitar now has a curved scratch marking the path of my sequinned sleeve as I strummed away so I'm deciding whether to buff it out every time I play or just let it get a bit trashed. I ended up in a vintage American sequinned dress which Connie received yesterday (she collects vintage American beaded tops and dresses). Apparently I look like Agent 99, judge for yourselves as I don't watch Get Smart.



Dress - vintage; Boots - Sandler; Belt - vintage.

- Robyn

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Your dress? I need it. Gimme. :P

Seriously, it's amazing. It is very Agent 99, who I love love love!

Unknown said...

ok....but only if you give me the BCBG marshmallow sequin dress in return. :D

Skye said...

That dress is fantastic - love!
Is that belt in the photo an 80s one - with a big brass buckle and a sort of mock croc embossing on the leather. If so, then I have the exact same belt...

Unknown said...

lol I actually have no idea. I was so nervous on the night I would have hardly noticed if I was wearing a hessian sack! It could be the same though, my band leader gets a lot of vintage stuff (it's her dress and belt).