Thursday, June 19, 2008

Go wildcats!

I had my first performance in front of an audience (not counting drunken karaoke appearances) since I left school tonight...and ironically, it was at school. My little sister and mum went to see Michael Buble so because I am such an awesome sister I played bass for her in her school bands. Unsurprisingly I was quite nervous, and I did drop a couple of clangers here and there but it was great to get back up onstage, especially because I'm playing tomorrow night with my other big band, the one I'm actually getting paid for. If you're in Melbourne and up for a bit of jazz, come down to the Oakleigh Junction Hotel tomorrow night at 8 to see Connie Lansberg and the Sisters of Sass. It's $10 entry and we'll be playing some awesome jazz.

Anyway onto the clothes...yay for not being a student anymore! It means I didn't have to wear the simply horrible performance uniform (I seriously did not think a skirt could be that unflattering till I owned one). I have realised however that I am seriously lacking in black shirts (apart from my work ones, which all smell faintly of chip fat despite repeated washing and so are not good for wearing anywhere other than work). I wore the bowler hat to and from because it was intended for the drummer of the big band to wear, but because I was carrying two guitars and had no hands free, I ended up wearing it myself.


Blouse - Black Friday (from Dangerfield); Singlet underneath - Supre; Jeans - Sportsgirl; Shoes - Sandler (from Myer)


As before, with Cardigan - Jay Jays; Jacket - Jay Jays; Hat - Mimco

- Robyn

No comments: