Monday, June 9, 2008

Sex and the suburbs

I am very bad at the first post thing...but wanted to start a fashion blog having been inspired by a lot that I've read. So, first outfits first, right?

Last night Brendan (my boyfriend) and I saw the Sex and the City movie. It was kind of long but the clothes and accessories were pretty amazing. I love the studded belt Carrie wore with a lot of her outfits, and the blue dress with the long sleeves and the big gold chain-link necklace.



Dress, tights and boots - Target, Cardigan - Jay Jays, Scarf - Cotton On
(hey, the blog *is* called Chain Store Whore for a reason!)

Oh and the very cool wallpaper behind me is courtesy of Brendan's stylin little apartment. I'm jammed between the table and pantry in his kitchen.

Hopefully by the time most of you read this I will have links for my favourite blogs somewhere on the page.

-Robyn

2 comments:

Hello, Lovely said...

Cuute outfit.

I LOVE that wallpaper! Where did your boyfriend get it from?

x

hellolovelylala.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Aww thanks :D My first comment too! I went to your blog and love your style.

The wallpaper is just from some paint shop, believe it or not! Apparently wallpaper is making quite the comeback, and the shop had all these books of paper. Some of them were the old traditional patterns but there were quite a few books with these new modern designs.